by Donna Hatch
Someone tagged me so, okay, 5 things about me. Since I knew few of you, you probably know little about me. So here they are.
1. I play the harp. I fell in love with it when I was 12 and have loved it ever since.
2. I almost served a mission in Taiwan. I got my call before my good friend Tom and I ever started dating, and was horrified to discover that the thought of being separated from him for 18 months left me feeling lost and alone. When he asked me to marry him, after about a two-week, day and night courtship (after about a 2 year friendship) I prayed, cried and talked to two bishops and two stake presidents. They all advised me to listen to my heart and that if I loved him and wanted to marry him, that the church leaders have said to go ahead and get married instead. So I decided to serve my mission . . . in a few years after I had raised a family and retired, with him as my mission companion.
3. I almost drowned in a river when I was thirteen. My friend and Iwere riding on a big inner tube on the Verde River and we got flipped over. She came up and I didn't, at least not for several minutes. I don't remember being hurt, but the next day, I had bruises all over my face and body. What's weird is that I am a very strong swimmer, but apparently I was caught in some kind of current. My family all thought it was a miracle I had survived after being under for so long, and that I suffered no ill effects.
4. I have six children, ranging in ages from 17 to 4.
5. My favorite color is pink. Yes, pink. I am very girly.