I was trying to decide what to write about this week, and thought of my birthday this past Saturday. So, I decided to write a post to celebrate the start of my 23rd year of life.
Twenty-Three Things I've Learned
- I've learned that practice makes perfect
- And that life isn't perfect.
- I've learned that goals take persistance
- And time, lots of time.
- I've learned that my parents aren't perfect,
- But I couldn't imagine a life without them in it.
- I've learned that without music my life would be boring,
- And that boring isn't attractive, at all.
- I've learned that in order to make life interesting it sometimes calls for imagination
- And that imagination is REALLY attractive!
- I've learned that I can't live in a book,
- But reading them is pretty close to perfect,
- And writing them is even Better!
- I've learned that caring for another life is a lot of work,
- But that I couldn't imagine life without my animals.
- I've learned that it takes time to change,
- But if it's change I want, change will come: Good or Bad.
- I've learned that rules can be good,
- And that Rules=Freedom
- I've learned that my Heart has an infinite capacity to Love
- And that just because I don't want to love any more, doesn't mean my heart will listen.
- I've learned that through it all there are two things I can count on:
- Family and God.
Well, I didn't mean for my list to turn into a poem, but it did. And I wouldn't know it if I hadn't learned that poems don't need to rhyme in an English class I've taken in College.
I hope that you enjoyed this. It doesn't cover anywhere near everything I've learned in my 23 years of life (I have a feeling I could never write a list that long), but it covers what I found important at the time I wrote it.
Have a great week!