Tuesday, October 4, 2016
This year I actually made it to see all the sessions but one. And that one I will get to. It was a Sunday of rest from worldly things. I took notes so here's the ones that stick out in my words and in no particular order.
1. President Uchtdorg: Don't take the church for granted.
2. Elder Hales: Cannot pray away someone's free agency.
3. Sister McConkie: Prayer can heal our hearts.
4. Elder Christensen: Translating the BOM must have given Joseph Smith great comfort when Moroni said that infants have no need of baptism.
5. Elder Cornish: Ask Heavenly Father what he thinks of us...it's the only one that counts.
6. Elder Andersen: We are all a part of the miraculous gathering of the Last Days.
7. Elder Nelson: Lehi lived in perilous times.
8. Elder Ballard: You can falter in the faith due to church history, mistakes by past and present leaders, even unacceptable doctrine, but as Peter told Christ, where else can you go?
9. Elder Robbins: Guard against unrighteous and self righteous judgement.
10. President Eyring: Carry a sense of gratitude on the Sabbath Day.
11. Elder Bednar: Living the transformative reality of the Restoration will cement Christ's countenance on your image.
12. Elder Schmutz: Sorrow is part of our mortal existence.
13. Elder Nattress: If your children only knew the gospel from you, what would they know?
14. Elder Renlund: The Atonement is the part of repentance that will change your crippling guilt to hope and joy.
15. President Monson: Trust in the Search for Happiness.
Posted by Terri Wagner at 9:54:00 AM