by Cindy R. WilliamsMy New Year's Resolutions, illustrated by cats and a dragon.
The look on this red tabby's face and tilt of its' head hit home to how I feel about my New Years Resolutions. That is; curious, ready to take on what ever comes my way, and looking at things from a different angle.
My #1 Goal is Writing. Here's my plan.
1. Write at least one hour a day, but shoot for three. (I hate guilt, and am tired of being a master guilter. No, make that the Queen of the Master's of Guilt. I can usually squeeze in at least an hour. If not, then I don't have my priorities straight.)
2. Make an agenda of WIP including which is first in line, and attainable deadlines.
3. Get my middle grade novel about a boy and a dragon edited, research agents, send queries to said agents, and give some publishing houses a go.
5. Have the courage to let my work go and put it on the line.
7. Continue to be active and supportive in ANWA.
10. New Years Goals for me must include the old standby to lose a few pounds along the way. I hope to be so involved in my writing world, that I will lose my sweet tooth, hunger, and even fasination with food, and chocolate in general. Who knows. It's a new year afterall, and good things are going to happen. Hummm, hang on, chocolate is a good thing too. I hear dark chocolate is actually good for you. Anyone out there heard a rumor about icecream being good for you too? Even just a hint of a rumor? If so, I will take your word for it ;o). Yummy food is really one of the great Wonders of the World.