I am in the mood for a laugh, so I found these funny church bulletin announcements (with typos) online (credit). It serves not only to make you smile, but to remind you that a good proofreading is invaluable!
1) Don’t let worry kill you. Let the Church help.
2) Thursday night – potluck supper. Prayer and medication to follow.
3) Remember in prayer the many who are sick of our church and community.
4) For those of you who have children and don’t know it, we have a nursery downstairs.
5) The rosebud on the altar this morning is to announce the birth of David Alan Belzer, the sin of Rev. and Mrs. Julius Belzer.
6) Tuesday at 4pm there will be an ice cream social. All ladies giving milk will please come early.
7) Thursday at 5pm there will be a meeting of the Little Mothers Club. All wishing to become Little Mothers, please see the minister in his private study.
8) This being Easter Sunday, we will ask Mrs. Lewis to come forward and lay an egg on the altar.
9) The ladies of the church have cast off clothing of every kind and they may be seen in the church basement Friday.
10) Weight Watchers will meet at 7 p.m. at the First Presbyterian Church. Please use large double door at the side entrance.
11) Scouts are saving aluminum cans, bottles and other items to be recycled. Proceeds will be used to cripple children.
12) The associate minister unveiled the church’s new tithing campaign slogan last Sunday: “I Upped My Pledge – Up Yours.”
Happy Thanksgiving all!