Daily Scripture Study
The other morning, my little granddaughter asked me why I read my scriptures every day. I told her "Because I want to show Heavenly Father I love Him."
That was a fine answer for a three-year-old. But I began to ponder the question further. Why do I read every day?
These are some of the answers I came up with. What about you? Add to my list.
1. To keep the Spirit with me for the day.
2. To increase my gospel knowledge.
3. To feel the peace that comes from reading the scriptures.
4. To gain a testimony of the prophets, past and living.
5. To add wisdom to my life.
6. To give me thoughts to ponder throughout the day.
7. To help me remember gratitude.
"And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst." John 6:35
Bottom line: I read because I don't want to be hungry and thirsty.