This past weekend and even the week to come have been full of new things for me. Yesterday, I went to a broadcasting of the Re-dedication Ceremony of the Boise, Idaho Temple. It was the first time for me, I'd never even heard of the Hosanna Shout before people started talking about the re-dedication. But this was an awesome first for me and I'm glad I got the chance to see it and participate!
This upcoming week I'll be staying up in Idaho for Thanksgiving instead of going home to see my family. This is definitely a first for me, not being with family. So, I've decided to cook up some of my favorite Thanksgiving Recipes on my own! (Except Turkey... I don't know how to bake it and I hate making any sort of meat). So, I'm thinking I'll make:
- Green Bean Casserole
- Mashed Potatoes and Gravy
- (Buy some Cranberry Sauce)
- Chocolate Pie
- Pumpkin Pie
Are there any other ideas of recipes I should try or dishes I should try making? I'm open to almost anything as long as it doesn't involve cooking meat!
But, Thanksgiving isn't all about the food, so I thought I'd share some of what I'm thankful for with you as well!
- My roommates
- My family
- My friends
- Everyone who has ever critiqued me, I'm sure I've at least become a little better at writing because of you!
- The chance to go to school up here at BYU-Idaho
- Electronics (of all kinds! I'm sure I'll be watching quite a few movies, and tv shows this weekend!)
- Books (Already got a couple I'm planning to read this weekend!)
- I'm grateful to live in America!
- Money (at least having enough to live off of is nice!)
- Food! (Somehow I seem to be able to afford it! It's quite nice!)
What things are you grateful for? I'd love to hear them!