Happy Nanowrimo! I am going to finish this year.
I have signed up two previous years and life has prevented me from completing. This year I am prepared. I set goals and on track.
1. Story to write about - check
2. Will I get 50,000 words – check
3. Outline - check
4. In-person critique – check
5. Online support – check, times three
6. Nano sign posted on office door – check
7. Family aware of the lack of attention – check
8. Northwest Writers’ Retreat – check
9. Bell pepper and hummus – check
10. Finger stretching – check
I am ready. This month is a busy month on top of trying to write 1,786 words 6 days a week, my daughter turns 6, my husband travels 20 days and Thanksgiving!
I am still ready. With my preparation and mental pep talk, I can do this. I figure, I can run 13.1 so I can have my fingers dance for 1,786 daily.
As a new Nano member, I am curious what are other tips and hints to keep the motivation going? What do you do to keep pushing forward for completion?
To all those participating, good luck and hope to hear from you in December!