Hone your query at Thursday night's workshops and come prepared to pitch to an agent, editor or publisher. A pitch session is ten minutes . It's an opportunity for you to sit across the table from an agent or editor and pitch your manuscript. Basically, it's a one-on-one query letter, live and in person! Your manuscript should be complete. DO NOT bring it to the appointment. If interested, the agent or editor will request your manuscript via email. Cost for pitch session is $20.00. You may reserve a pitch session by going to the Registration page, fill in required fields, under Add-ons you may click your selection. In order to ensure that as many attendees as possible have an opportunity to pitch, the current limit is one per attendee, assigned on a first come, first served basis.
- Jane Dystel Dystel & Goderich Literary Management (Friday and Saturday)
- Lisa Mangum Assistant Editor of Deseret Book/ Shadow Mountain (Friday and Saturday)
- Linda Mulleneaux Managing Editor at Walnut Springs Press (Friday and Saturday)
- Anita Mumm Nelson Literary Agency (Friday and Saturday)
- Linda Radke President of Five Star Publications:Partnership, Self & Traditional Publishing (Friday)
Friday Evening 2/24/12 Panel Discussion will be from 7:30 pm until 8:45 pm. Panel members Include: Anita Mumm, Jane Dystel, Josh Perky, Linda Mulleneaux and Lisa Mangum.
All Conference attendees, Faculty and staff are invited to stay after the panel discussion for the Meet & Greet from 9:00 pm until 11:00 pm. Agents, Editors, Publishers, Published Authors and will be available to visit and "pick their brains." Bookstore Managers and Event Coordinators will have sign up lists for events at their stores. Don't miss this great opportunity!